G.James offers a wide range of Aluminium Fabrication capabilities including MIG/TIG Welding, CNC Router Cutting, Drilling, Shearing, Bending and Rolling to suit your requirements.
Our experienced team will design and fabricate components through to completed assemblies; from one-off projects through to high volume runs. Aluminium Fabricated products can be supplied in mill, anodised and powder coated finishes.
Aluminium Fabricated components, frames & products
- Transport windows and panels
- Bullet resistant & physical attack windows
- Fences, Posts and Handrails
- Feature Panelling and Entry Statements
- Interior and Exterior Signs & Lettering
- Park Furniture and Accessories – bin enclosures, bike racks, tree guards
G.James supplies Aluminium Fabricated components, frames and products to a wide range of industries
- Mining Equipment & Cranes
- Building & Construction
- Safety (Scaffolding)
- Government, Local Councils and Schools
MIG & TIG Welding
G.James provides a comprehensive range of MIG & TIG Welding as part of our Aluminium Fabrication services. Welding is available for Aluminium Sheet, Plate and Extrusions with thicknesses from 1.2mm through to 25mm. Our welding services are also compatible for surface finishing including powder coating and anodising. Custom stainless steel welding is also available.
Bending & Rolling
G.James provides a custom service for Aluminium Extrusion Bending & Rolling including design, manufacture and supply of dies and extrusions to meet your project drawings and specifications.
|Product||Wall Thickness||Rolling||Bending||Centre Line Radius|
|25 mm Round Tube||2.5 mm||no||yes||50 mm bend radius|
|32 mm Box Section||2.5 mm||yes||yes||128 mm minimum roll radius
116 mm bend radius
|42 mm Round Tube||4.5 mm||yes||yes||128 mm minimum roll radius
84 mm bend radius
|50.8 mm Round Tube||2.4 mm||yes||yes||128 mm minimum roll radius
100 mm bend radius
|75 mm × 50 mm Box Section||6 mm||yes||no||124 mm minimum roll radius|
|100 mm × 50 mm Box Section||6 mm||yes||no||179 mm minimum roll radius|
|25 mm × 3 mm Angle||-||yes||no||128 mm minimum roll radius|
G.James uses a number of CNC machines (based in Brisbane and Perth) for Routing & Cutting Aluminium.
- Processing Aluminium Sheet and Plate from 1.2mm through to 75mm in 5005, 5052 and 5083 alloys and Aluminium Extrusions
- Range of bed sizes:
- 2200mm × 9000mm
- 3100mm × 1300mm
- 4400mm × 1600mm
- 6050mm × 1600mm (5 axis machining)
- 3D modeling software
- Nesting component parts from sheet (optimisation using nesting software)
- Label parts and mark weld lines
- Fabricate "prototype" components
Drilling, Punching & Fine Tolerance Cutting
G.James has the capability to Drill and Punch Aluminium Extrusion to all types of customer specifications. This process is currently being used to help with the fabrication of many products including roof racks, solar panels, mounting brackets, seating products and other hardware products.
Automatic Fine Tolerance cutting facilities allow G.James to supply material cut to size and machined to suit your requirements. We cut back metal with tolerances of up to ±0.3 mm
- Emmegi Machining Centre is a 6 axis vertical machining centre for drilling, milling, thread cutting and cutting of aluminium extrusions
- CNC Machining spindles are located centrally and are able to machine over the entire work piece contour no matter how the work piece is orientated
- Capacity to cut and process aluminium extrusions from 7500mm to 50mm in length